Saturday, October 28, 2006

Alone

Watching this movie on Lifetime about a woman with breast cancer. Her friends are all there; her family all there.

I was by myself when the doctor felt the lump in my throat.
I was by myself when I went to have the sonogram.
I was by myself when the doctor poked my neck 10x for biopsys.
I was by myself when I went to see the surgeon and decided to have the whole thing removed as a precaution - because I wasn't at risk, the biopsy showed nothing, I was just being safe.
I was by myself after the surgery when I went back and the surgeon said the unthinkable happened - it was cancer. I sat by myself - completely stunned.
I was by myself for 4 very long days glowing from that radiation.
I was by myself when I laid on that table getting scanned this past year - in a very cold room - praying that it would find nothing.

But there were times inbetween those that family or a very good friend stood by my side. And the other times - well, come to think of it... all those times above - I was not alone either. God was there.

God was there - and God is still there. God is always there. I am never alone. :)

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger sh said...

yes. never alone :)

ps. i like the fall festival pics :) luv the outfits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home